- This event has passed.
Promoting the use of INVALSI data for scientific research and teaching.
Dal 29 novembre all’1 dicembre 2019 si terrà a Roma il Seminario “I dati INVALSI: uno strumento per la ricerca e la didattica”. Lo scopo di questo appuntamento, arrivato alla quarta edizione, è quello di promuovere lʼutilizzo dei dati INVALSI nella ricerca scientifica e nella didattica. I dati raccolti annualmente dallʼIstituto costituiscono un prezioso strumento per indagare le caratteristiche del sistema scolastico e per definire gli eventuali interventi di sostegno o potenziamento. Tutti i soggetti interessati sono invitati a presentare lavori di ricerca che utilizzano dati INVALSI.
Esteemed keynote speakers will introduce the main themes of the conference. There will be different keynote addresses at IV Seminar “INVALSI data: a research and educational teaching tool”.
Below the complete list.
- INVALSI data to improve and evaluate Italian teaching.
- INVALSI data to improve and evaluate Mathematics teaching.
- INVALSI data to improve and evaluate English teaching.
- INVALSI data to improve and evaluate trasversal skills.
- INVALSI data for innovation and school improvement.
- INVALSI data to investigate some school components (School principals, teachers).
- The school in Italy: inequalities, social mobility, territorial realities.
- The impact of individual characteristics on student achievement (gender, socio-economic background, origin, etc).
- Bullying, youthful distress and early school leaving.
- Characteristics and potential of computer based tests.
- The nursery school: first steps towards scholastic success.
- Methodological aspects and policy implications of the value added.
- Methods and models applied to INVALSI data.
Each abstract should be submitted both in Italian and in English (up to 3000 characters). Please, include 3-6 keywords and a short biography for each author (each biography should be no more than 300 characters).
Type of contributions
Contributions relating to a scientific research work must be displayed in English and accompanied by slides in English; contributions relating to a work on teaching must be displayed in Italian and accompanied by slides in Italian.
Guidelines for abstracts' submission
The abstract should summarize the entire work to allow the reader to quickly get an idea of the final paper. For this reason, an abstract should be:
- accurate: the abstract should reflect the aims and content of the contribution. Do not include information that does not appear in the contribution;
- non-evaluative: must report data and not judge;
- coherent and legible: language should be clear and concise; use verbs rather than their noun equivalents and the active rather than the passive voice;
- concise: each sentence should be maximally informative, include in the abstract only four or five of the leading concepts, observations or implications; do not include bibliographic references.
The abstract of an empirical study should describe:
- the problem under investigation, possibly in one sentence;
- the participants;
- the essential characteristics of the experimental method;
- the main results.
The abstract of a methodological paper should describe:
- the field of application;
- the essential features of the proposed method;
- the potentials of the proposed method.
August the 1st, 2019
Open call for paper
September 25th, 2019
Deadline abstract submission.
September 30th, 20196 ottobre 2019
Communication of accepted abstracts.
7 ottobre 2019
October 30th, 20194 novembre 2019
November 15th, 2019